Multiples

Silly question about names

For those who had same sex multiples....did you sort of "preassign" one name to Twin A and one to Twin B, or did you wait until after and decide which one would have which name?

Of course, wait and see seems the obvious choice, then decide who gets what name, but in my head I keep calling twin A Vivian, because that is the only name we agree on so far.  And I keep thinking twin B is nameless.  I know this sounds ridiculous but I keep thinking about it, haha. 

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

Re: Silly question about names

• We already had them assigned. Since they're identical "waiting to see" which name fit which didn't really make much sense for us. I also liked referring to them by name in utero rather than by letter.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first little peanut on 1/17/2012 at 9 weeks and 5 days. We miss you little blessing, but we know you were too perfect for this world.
    My multiples/parenting/pregnancy/miscarriage blog
  • We did the same thing, we named Baby A our original name, and then gave Baby B the second name we came up with. :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We never assigned a name.  The reason was because the first born HAD to be named John (family tradition- my DH is the 9th John and my son is now the 10th but they do all have different middle names)- and it was possible that the original Baby B
  • We talk about this all the time! We're having identical boys but still feel like we'll wait and see if they help us name themselves with their personalities after they arrive. Still have up to 16 weeks to go though so once we have names solidified we may
  • If they are same sex, we'll wait and see. I'll keep using their nicknames (Stormy and Eeyore)
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • We waited to see them to name our girls. Hubby wanted baby A to the A name we ended up naming baby B with the A name which was our original girl name but there names fit them so well I am glad we waited. Now our boy was set no matter what. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We do the same thing! We know a baby will be named Jace and figured that it was the first (and only) name we agree on whoever comes out first will get that name. Who knows, baby B could swap places with A and come out first and we would never know.
  • We had the opposite situation. DH and I had already agreed on Noah for a boy's name before we found out we were having twins. Then, for some reason, I always thought of Baby B as Noah so we actually had to work a little harder naming Baby A. Then one day
  • We names our girls ahead of time Baby A Emerson and Baby B Ellis.  Then toward the end of my pregnancy it looked like they might have switched positions on ultrasound and I got totally freaked out over who was who then.  So finally we decided wh

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• We assigned names because of their personalities. One was much more active so we named him Drake and the other Bentley as he seemed more calm and reserved.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did, but then it got super confusing because Baby A became Baby B after my emergency csection, since they had to get Baby B out first, so they could yank Baby A out of the birth canal...as she was attempting her first of many dramatic escapes!
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • H wanted the first baby out to be Natalia because that was his grandmother's name. Then we started referring to baby A as Natalia and baby B as Olivia and we decided that even if Baby B came out first we would keep the names as they were in utero. Their p
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mirnbmirnb member
    We decided ahead of time that names for A & B (both boy and girls names as we didn't know). They never changed positions so they got the name we originally gave them and we would have switched the names had they switched positions!
  • I had my 3 names chosen ahead of time, but waited until I could hold them and meet them to decide who was who almost 12 hours!
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJodiAriel:
    We names our girls ahead of time Baby A Emerson and Baby B Ellis.  Then toward the end of my pregnancy it look
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thanks for all the replies...I am so glad to see I am not sitting around overthinking this!  Hopefully one of these days we can agree on the second name:)

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"