Multiples
Options

Dumb fear?

So, on my BMB, we have Flame Free Friday Confessions. Mine yesterday was "I am worried that I will love one twin more than the other"

I got one person saying "oh I was worried when my second came but it wasn't a problem."  

But I am still genuinely worried. I know that parents have favorites when kids get older... almost everyone I know can say "oh I was Mom's favorite" etc.  

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
imageimage

Re: Dumb fear?

• Options

I dont think I actually love one over the other, but it took me longer to connect with Sidney.  Also, Spencers smile does something to my heart that the girls dont, but that could be a boy thing....  But I know that fear and in the beginning

Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Options

You will love each of your children for each of their special qualities but i dont believe you will love one more than the other. There are so many things I could list about Lex and Colt but this would get extremely lenghty but here are the sweet thing

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebethCT:

I dont think I actually love one over the other, but it took me longer to connect with Sidney.  Also, Spencers sm

imageimage
  • Options
    Impossible! God your mothers instinct will kick on and there's no stopping the love you will feel! What was hardest was getting over the fact you give one more attention like my son had colic so he needed me more. I felt guilt but then it balances out and
  • Options
    Not a dumb fear at all! If your house is anything like mine was in the beginning, you'll spend a lot of time fixing one baby's problem and feel your neglecting the others. However, the other baby will have a problem soon enough that you'll tend too so it
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In the first few weeks you will bond more with one then the other. it may be the happier one or crankier one... But then it will switch. You may not feel the "love" that everyone talks abt the first day, or even the first week. But you will. You
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have five and I can promise you, they're ALL my favorites. I never knew why my mom said that until I had so many. Each baby is is amazing, adorable little genius! Each of the girls is SO different and crazy - I love them all so differently. With the boy
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love my boys equally, but we have different relationships and I have "favorites" based on stages they are in.  My youngest is super easy going so he's just really easy and fun to take care of.  My oldest is more independent and verbal because
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love them differently. I love Will for his sweet, shy smile, his crazy hair, the way he loves to snuggle. I love Andrew for his huge, gummy grin, happy disposition, and how he loves to be bounced and tossed around. I go through phases of feeling "closer
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I don't think that's dumb.  But I don't think you need to worry either :-)  I nannied for twins (which is obvi different from having my own) and they were such different kiddos, I loved them both and was able to appreciate different strengths

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think it's a legit concern that many parents have. I've heard plenty of people say platitudes like, "Oh, you'll have more than enough love to go around" or whatever ... that said, some parents really do struggle with this. Some kids have more challen

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Not dumb at all. Being a FTM, I wonder how it will be for me. I'm sure we will love them both to pieces! 
  • Options
    imagekatiebenes:
    imagebethCT:</s
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Options
    I think it is a totally normal fear.  I keep worrying that the twins will need so much attention that I won't be able to give enough time to my one year old.  I have already planned that when family comes to help for a couple hours here and

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options
    Thank you everyone. I don't know where all my "worst case scenarios" keep coming from. I was an optimist before pregnancy.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"