Working Moms
Options

holycrap- DC violation

LO is 16 months and has been at his current DC since I went back to work and my mom left (She was helping us for the first 2 weeks when I started working.) We love the place that we ended up, but it was actually our second choice.  I changed my mind about 3 weeks before he was supposed to start because our first choice had major issues with 2 teachers in the infant room.  They were fired, but I was no longer comfortable sending him there.  Thankfully, our second choice had a spot for him and it's been wonderful :)

I check our state's licencing site every couple of months or so, just to make sure that there are no violations at our current center.  Well, randomly, I decided to check our first choice to see how they were doing and I found this violation:

"There is sufficient evidence to indicate that a caregiver consumed alcohol and was under the influence while caring for children.  The alcohol filled bottle was smelled by other caregivers and behaviors associated with alcohol consumption were observed by staff."

HOLY CRAP.  Thank God for mother's intuition and for changing my mind at the last minute. 

ETA:  Makes it TOTALLY worth the $300 deposit I lost. 

Re: holycrap- DC violation

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"