July 2012 Moms
Options

Getting LO to nap in crib, help me!

My LO is 8 months old and he's always napped in my arms. He still wakes up 2-3 times a night and NEEDS a bottle, i've tried the paci and he needs the bottle to fall asleep which is a habit I really want to break. The problem is that he drinks it. He drinks 4 ounces and then goes immediately back to sleep. I've tried giving him more to drink during the day so he wouldn't need as much as night and it doesn't work. This is what our schedule looks like

Awake between 7-830am

Play and eat- 9-10

Nap around 1030-12

Naps for about an hour and a half

Play and eat- 12-3pm

Naps again for about an hour 4-5

Play and eat 5-7

Usually goes to bed around 8-830

Wakes up around 1030, 130, 430 ish

I've tried getting him to nap longer and he will only take a bottle when he's hungry. Everytime I try to put him in his crib the moment I set him down he cries and is wide awake. I can't do CIO because I just cant handle the crying. I mean i've let him cry for a couple minutes, go and check on him and repeat. But I've just came to the conclusion that I can't do it. I just need some help from some moms that have been through it. I've never had an established routine, i've tried and then LO started to go to bed either before it was started or 2 hours after I have already done it. I'm just at my wits end, I need something to work. 

Please help me!

Re: Getting LO to nap in crib, help me!

• Options
    I say it in every post but, Ferber, baby! There's a whole chapter on cutting night feedings, complete with schedule. Good luck!
  • Options

imageThePinkSuperhero:
    I say it in every post but, Ferber, baby! There's a whole chapter on cutting night feedings, complete with
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is similiar. She needs to be nursed to sleep and she naps in my arms ... Otherwise she will not nap. I have not done any sleep training yet because we have had so many trips lately which makes if a bad time but u do have the sleep easy book. Are
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"