2nd Trimester

I think I might be dehydrated.

I am 17 weeks pregnant, and I have severe chapped lips, I am so tired it is pitiful, I keep yawning, all I want to do is sleep. I will drink water, or something, and want to drink like a gallon and still be thirsty. I have a dry mouth. I have been using chapstick,and it is not helping at all with my chapped lips. I have been peeing and going to the restroom, but I have noticed that my urine is a little darker than usual. I don't know what to do. I don't want to go to the doctor, because I just went the other day for something simple and don't want to miss work because don't want my new job to think I am missing. someone please help. 

Re: I think I might be dehydrated.

• How much water have you actually been drinking per day for the past few days?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The only thing you can do is keep drinking and call your doctor. Really, it sounds like you might need IV fluids. It doesn't matter what you were at the doctor's office for before, dehydration is a big deal and there might be something else going on. <br

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • You should call the on call doctor.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Since you are able to keep fluids down, you should drink more. IV fluids are good when absolutely necessary but they don't work as well as oral fluids. Most people don't drink as much as they think they do. Plus, during colder weather, heaters dry us o

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You should be drinking a minimum of 6 to 8 8 ounce glasses of water a day.

I was told I was dehydrated around 16 weeks and have since made sure I drink at least 2 liters a day if not more.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Honestly, a hospital isn't very likely to give you fluids just for chapped lips and slightly darker urine when you are able to keep water down. Even with hyperemesis and only being able to keep very small amounts of water down a day, my lab work still

Hawaii
  • I have had chapped lips this whole pregnancy so far no matter how much water I drink. I try to drink 8, 12 ounce water bottles a day and use chap stick and I STILL have dry lips. Its really annoying.

Just start drinking water now. And keep drink

• If you're peeing, that's usually a good sign youre not dehydrated. Drink more water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ive been having.a similar issue with.the lips and dry mouth. I started putting vasoline on my lips at night and carmex during the day. That really helped. If im really thirsty then gatorade sometimes helps. I drink a ton of water also and that.doesn't he
  • I second the Vaseline on lips at night. It does wonders really on anything that is dry. I often use it during the day too but at night you an over saturate so it takes a while to soak in. 

Also vitamins can make your pee darker.

&nbsp

Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• If you're getting enough water in and there is nothing else going on medically, it may just be secondary to pregnancy rhinitis:  i.e. congestion causing you to mouth-breathe more, like if you had bad allergies (I am an allergy nurse and our patien

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Typically, unless your urine is DARK (think apple juice or darker), then you aren't in the "danger zone" of needing IV fluids.  Sounds like maybe you have a cold, or are mouth breathing.

I've been drinking about 75 oz. of water a day -

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Drink vitamin water or gatorade, something witj electrolytes. Water is always good too. Also, get checked for anemia.
  • Excessive thirst is a rare symptom of GD, just mention it to your OB during your next visit.
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"