High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

moms with hypermesis

I had HG up until 20 weeks during my first pregnancy. I was on bed rest and had in home nurse care and hooked up to an IV and medpump. My OB has told me that I will most likely have HG again and for most moms, it is worse the second time around.  This has scared me into not having a second baby.  I would love another baby but I can't imagine going through the first 20 weeks again and with a toddler.  Any moms have HG and pregnant again?  Can you share your stories? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: moms with hypermesis

• Options
    I did not have it with my first pregnancy but had it with my second. I don't think there are that many HG mamas over here but Baby Center has a very active group.
    Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Options
    jsongjsong member
    Thanks.  Do you know the name of the board on Baby Center?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have HG and have been hospitalized 3 times so far. This is my first pregnancy and will be my last because I can't imagine going through this again. I currently have two friends who are pregnant and have HG. One is on her second child and the other is on
  • Options

I'm on my third pregnancy and had HG with all three. For me, the second time was the worst. I was throwing up all the way through delivery and felt pretty awful the whole time. This time around, it has been better managed. I'm on Protonix this time aro

Hawaii
  • Options
    I didn't have it until my 4th pregnancy.  I really think every pregnancy is different.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options

imagejsong:
    Thanks.  Do you know the name of the board on Baby Center?

<a href="https://community.

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Options
    I had it both times. I think it was worse the second time around. The first time I also ended up with gallstones and had my gallbladder removed at 23 weeks so its hard to say how much was the HG and how much was the gallstones (diagnosed at 21 weeks).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"