Secondary IF

Intro

Hey Ladies,

I'm not sure if this is where I belong, but I have been lurking a little bit and wanted to say hello.  We have a 17month old DS and have been ttc #2 since my first ppaf this summer.  I realize it has not been that long, but so far I have had one miscarriage at 6 weeks and 2 CPs, I just had blood work done to look for clotting issues and I am dealing with a LPD.  Oddly, the LPD is not new, I had it when DS was conceived which shockingly (and thankfully) happened easily and quickly.   

I have been talking to my OB about the next steps, depending on how my lab work comes back I might start on a baby aspirin and we are discussing trying clomid or progesterone.  I'm a little scared of trying clomid- I think I am just scared and depressed about needed assistance to get/ stay pregnant. Part of me thinks I am just being impatient but the early miscarriages are really taking a toll and I feel like I need to do something to be proactive. 

Anyway, that's my story, sorry it's so long!  Hoping to learn for everyone else's experience :)

DS Born 10/5/11 TTC #2 starting 8/2012 BFP! 11/12/12 EDD 7/26/12... natural m/c 12/1/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro

• Welcome to the board.  I agree that you might want to see an RE at this point.  I hope that you are able to get some answers soon!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

•  My OB did mention referring me to an RE it we try a few more cycles with no luck.  I am supposed to call at the beginning of the week to go over my autoimmune labs so I will mention it when I speak with him.  Thanks for the input!!
    DS Born 10/5/11 TTC #2 starting 8/2012 BFP! 11/12/12 EDD 7/26/12... natural m/c 12/1/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"