Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Projectile spit up/vomit

If your LO spits up in a projectile style, do/did you do anything to help with that? She doesn't do it every feeding, so I don't think it's reflux, but just now, we were out at dinner and she spit up a ridiculous amount and it was all projectile. She is formula fed. Do you think a change of formula is in order, or would you ask the pedi? Or is this normal since she doesn't do it all the time?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Projectile spit up/vomit

• How old is your LO?
  • imageChristee25:
    How old is your LO?

She'll be 3 weeks on Monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • I dont want to alarm you but our LO starting having projectile vomiting on a Thursday night. I thought It was reflux so I waited until Saturday night and called the on call nurse. She recommended we take him to the ER. Long story short, he had a condition
  • 34 weeks, not 34.
  • My LO has the same BD as yours and today was her first time spitting up mass amounts/vomiting like. Scared the crap out of her and me! whn she realized she had too. Ours though seemed to be due to overfeeding/I fed her a bottle earlier she didn't seem too
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • it is most common around three to four weeks. not 34
  • imageVPGIRL06:
    My LO has the same BD as yours and today was her first time spitting up mass amounts/vomiting like. Scared the crap out o
  • our lo was 3 weeks also. like i said, dont want to alarm you but i wish i had found this forum earlier so i could have gotten more info from ppl who went thru that experience. she is right at the age when pyloric stenosis develops.
  • My LO is 3 weeks today, she's done this a bit too, not all the time though. She is BF, when I talked to my pedi ab he said to just monitor it and as long as it isn't too frequent or with every single feeding that she's probably fine. But if it becomes mor
  • She may have been full and not really wanted that feeding.  Like all other posters are saying I would monitor it; but that's exactly what my LO did and i waited like 45 minutes and she took her normal feeding then went down and hasn't vomited since.
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • I just discussed this with my Ped this week.  My LO throws up what I would consider projectile-like about once every other day or so.  My Ped said that as long as she doesn't cry out in pain or want to take another entire bottle afterward tha

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO did this last week. She is breastfed, but I gave her a formula bottle the night before and wondered if it sat in her tummy all night. After her morning feeding she was in her RnP and just spit up like crazy. It was like a fountain and I panicked

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would definitely notify your doctor if it is truly "projectile" with every feed, and not just spit-up
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • My LO has had a few of these, twice where he was still eating and the force was like someone threw a breast milk balloon at us and it exploded. I was soaked, his hair was soaked, and he had this surprised and scared look on his face as milk dripped dow

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd ask the pedi!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"