March 2013 Moms

?? For those who did NOT have a flat pre-preggo belly

Ok.... This may sound like a dumb question. But how do you know if your preggo belly is gone and what's left is fat that needs to be worked off? You would think I remember what my pre-preggo belly looks like but I can't honestly say.

Before I became pregnant I was in the middle of a weight loss regimen where I lost about 35 pounds and still had 20 more left to go. So needless to say...my stomach was not washboard flat or anything at the time of pregnancy but because of the weight loss I had lost a lot of midsection fat.

Fast forward 10 months and here I am 4 weeks post partum, and 10 pounds away from my pre-preggo weight. (So far I've lost 26 pounds of the 36 gained during pregnancy)...but the stomach...is looking like it's going to be a tough lose as I pick up my regimen again. I still have a couple weeks before I can exercise since I had a c-section, but something in me is hoping there is more preggo stomach to go down in the meantime.

What are your thoughts and/or experiences? 

Re: ?? For those who did NOT have a flat pre-preggo belly

• Do you have Pinterest? There's a few tips on there about postnatal work outs. One of them is not to do crunches because they cause a pooch.
  • If you really want to target your stomach muscles... (you can't target fat and where to lose it anyways) I would suggest weighted squats. Do a squat, tighten your stomach up while you are in the down position, stay there for about three seconds, come u

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"