September 2012 Moms

Help, LO is sick

My almost 7 month old is sick. He has a runny nose, sounds congested and isn't eating much. When he does eat he has a coughing fit and ends up puking up some of what he ate and it comes out with a lot of mucus like phlegm. Worst part is we are driving home from Florida and still have about 6 hours left. I exclusively pump so he only has BM. I'm afraid he's going to get dehydrated. Our doctor will be opened tomorrow morning so we plan to take him then. Is it ok to wait until then? He's never been sick before so I'm starting to panic.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help, LO is sick

• Aww poor thing.  Make sure he has a wet diaper at least every 8 hours.  If he doesn't, then you'll need to take him to a quick care or ER.  It also helps if you can suck out his nose before he eats.
    Baby #1 Sept 2012. Baby #2 due Feb 2015.
  • If he isn't having breathing problems then he will be ok to wait til morning. The vomiting with coughing is very normal in babies. When Los are sick they won't want many solids usually and that's ok since their nutrition is from bm or formula. Suction him
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Watch him closely, DD had similar symptoms and we have been in the PICU since Tuesday night. If your worried call your 24hour nurse line or get to a children's ER.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAKB090609:
    Watch him closely, DD had similar symptoms and we have been in the PICU since Tuesday night. If your worried call your 2
  • We have about 3 hours left. He us fighting falling asleep so he's a little fussy. I've been giving him an ounce to two ounces of milk at a time and he hasn't done the coughing up phlegm thing since. So I guess that's better. Thanks for the concern. I've
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"