Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Fussy 4 day old

My little boy is 4 days old. He breastfeeding like a champ but is fussy most of the time off the breast. He has not pooped in a day and a half. Has plenty of wet diapers. Very gassy. It is so sad not being able to help him when he's screaming. Any suggestions?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Fussy 4 day old

• Options
    Mommy's Bliss gripe water worked wonders for our DS and his gas issues.  He took it right from the dropper and it usually settles him right down. You could also try swaddling him and the other techniques from "Happiest Baby on the Block." They also w
  • Options
    It sounds like an allergy to me. Both of mine had a milk protein allergy and had the same symptoms. Especially not pooping, it makes them fussy bc their bellies hurt. Might be something you want to mention to your ped just to be safe. If it is an allergy,
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageemw8910:
    It sounds like an allergy to me. Both of mine had a milk protein allergy and had the same symptoms. Especially not po
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's good to know. Have an appointment Monday at the pedi. I'm sure he'll say the same thing. Normal. And I will check it out. Thanks ladies!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagemrsmcdonald:

imageemw891
  • Options
    I agree that it sounds like a normal 4 day old.  Swaddle tight, hang in there and keep doing what your doing.  He will most likely settle in soon.  He's had a very eventful few days!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Another vote for gripe water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's not normal for an EBF baby to go days without pooping before being a few weeks old. At 4 days they should be having 4+ p
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"