Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

TTC after d & c

I just found out at my 12 week ultrasound, my first ever, that my baby stopped growing at 8 weeks, and there was no heart beat. I opted to have a d & c two days later on 3/23/13 so that I could ensure everything was removed and could start trying again soon. My husband and I had sex on the night of 3/21/13 knowing we had lost the baby. My question is, and I know this is a long-shot, is it at all possible for his sperm to live through the d & c, and for me to have ovulated and become pregnant right after the procedure? I doubt this is true, but I have been exhausted, much like when I was pregnant and wasn't sure if this had ever happened to anyone before. Also, when I first got pregnant, it happened right after we started trying. Finding out I lost the baby was absolutely awful, and I just want to start trying again and be pregnant again.

Re: TTC after d & c

• Options

I am so sorry for your loss, you are month behind me. I found out in 2.21 no heart beat at 11 1/2 weeks and DnC on 2.22.  

I am not sure if sperm would be able to live or not, not sure with the anesthesia if they would be ok or not.  Th

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

First, I'm very sorry for you loss.  It's not an easy thing.

I seriously doubt you would ovulate that quickly.  While you can still ovulate with HCG in your system, it is highly unlikely you would ovulate that quickly.  I woul

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"