Stay at Home Moms

WWYD w/old work clothes?

I need to do some spring cleaning in my closet. When I worked, I pretty much just wore slacks and nice tops and sweaters. I've been SAH for 6 months and haven't worn slacks once. I still wear pretty much all of my work shirts, they look nice with jeans and cute flats. I have 8 pairs of relatively nice slacks [mostly from Anne Taylor and Banana Republic] and I think I could get rid of them but I'm nervous for some strange reason. If I were to go to a wedding or nice dinner with DH, I wouldn't wear slacks. I'd buy something new, most likely a dress or skirt. There's really no reason for me to keep them. Right? I need a little push to get rid of them even though I'm pretty sure I don't need them anymore. If you worked in an office before SAH, did you get rid of your work clothes??
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: WWYD w/old work clothes?

• Yes!  I worked in a 'business casual' office so, like you, I had a lot of nice-ish pants, that I would wear with different blouses/sweaters.  I actually have a huge bag in our living room now of 'donate' clothes (but I think I may consign som

• The last place I worked was alittle more business suit wear- but the day I quit that job- I cleaned out my closet- I got rid of every business suit and professional dress, and all but two pairs of dress slacks.  I kept a dark gray pair and a black

• Loading the player...
  • imagebananabelle:
    I just recently donated my old suits to an organization that helps women do job interviews. I held onto them for
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I still have work pants in my closet that are a size 4 and I haven't been a size 4 in quite a few years. So I am no help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As of right now I have kept everything.  The tops I still wear regularly, dress skirts and slacks I wear on occasion.  I still have several blazers that I never wear though.

Personally, I would keep at least 2 pairs of slacks, lik

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• I've been a SAHM for 6 years and still have some of the pants/blazers I wore.  I got PG after I quit, so I had a long period of none of it fitting (or it did the summer I got PG w/ DD3).  I can wear them now, so it is nice to pull out a pair of
  • Yeah, I donated everything to a charity that helps women get jobs. I'm totally blanking on the name. After I had DS I sort of realized that 1. It would be a loooong time before I was *that*skinny again and 2. I had no plans to go back to work and they wer

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I kept one nice blazer, a pair of black slacks and pair of gray ones. I finally got rid of all the blouse type shirts because they didn't really fit in the chest after having DD and the rest of the slacks. I'm a jeans and fitted cotton tee/sweater girl no
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • I still have most of mine, but I wear slacks to church pretty often...you could donate them to Dress for Success or an organization like it though.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce."
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I just had my baby in November and decided not to return to work in February.  I am very new to the SAHM role but have decided to start clearing out my closet as there are no plans for returning to work in many years, if that.  I have listed som
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"