Babies: 0 - 3 Months

D&C/ retained placenta

I had my son about 6 weeks ago and a week ago we found out i  had a retained placenta and hemorrhaged and had to go to the ER. I had to get a D&C to fix the issue. They said due to the scarring I may not be able to get pregnant again. Had anyone had this happen to them? Were you able to get pregnant again?

Re: D&C/ retained placenta

• I have no advice, but I wish the best for you! That sounds terrifying.

I'm genuinely curious, how did your provider not realize that all the placenta was not out? 

ALLI & ERIK - 12.12.10
    Stella - 7.7.11 | Ian - 8.6.14 | Isaac- 7.20.18
    #4 due 4.22.23

• LEMSALEMSA member
    By retained placenta, you can get almost the entire thing out, have it look great on the table, appear intactbut a small piece may still be in the uterus. Not entirely common but not completely unusual. At times your body can just take care of it. Sometim
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you had to go through that.  My bff had the same thing happen 2 weeks PP and I know it was a painful and scary experience for her.  She was not told she could have trouble having another baby. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister had that happen.  Hers was a 2mm peice if placenta left and she also had surgery and a blood transfusion.  She can't get pregnant again due to some syndrome caused by the surgery.  She never had another period, too much scar ti

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had an infection from retained placenta after my first child. I didn't have much trouble getting pregnant with my 2nd ( I did with my 3rd but that was for other reasons).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • YES.  I hemorrhaged twice (3 AND 4 weeks pp - I can't believe that I didn't pass out from all of that blood loss) due to retained placenta.  I will be giving birth to my DS any day now.  Had NO problems getting pregnant.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have taken care of toooooons of women who became pregnant after a D&C procedure. It may cause some scarring in the uterus, but I would not worry or borrow trouble at this point
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"