July 2013 Moms

Lamaze / Birthing Classes. Yay or Nay?!

I am a first time mommy to be and I thought that I wanted to do the whole class thing but it turns out. I don't. I have a lot of friends (and by a lot I mean almost every friend I have) that have kids. It seems I'm the last one in the group to drink the water. Lol anyway. I have the support and everything from them and from my mom on how to handle things. What to expect, etc etc.

So my question is. Is it worth it to go?! How much would I REALLY be missing if I didn't. What's the point?

Sorry, that was more like questions. Thanks in advance for the insight!

Re: Lamaze / Birthing Classes. Yay or Nay?!

• The childbirth classes near me are very cheap and offered on weekends (no 4-6 week course) so I just decided to do it. I'm a first time mom also.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I'm taking a childbirth class, a baby care class, and a breastfeeding class. I'm a FTM too but not that many of my friends have babies yet and the ones that do have 5 year olds. But if a lot of your friends have babies and can offer advice then maybe you
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a FTM as well and have many friends with children and helpful advise. I am still going to take a childbirth, early child care and child CPR class with my husband. I feel that getting professional advise as well will be helpful.
  • I think as for the birthing/lamaze classes it would depend on what type of birth you want.  If you know for sure 100% you want an epidural, then you could skip them.  If you're going for a med-free birth, it may be helpful. 

I,

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"