Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

constipated baby...please help

Anything to help with constipation? Somehow we have gone almost two years without ever having this issue and now dd is hiding in the corner in her room trying to go and wont let anyone near her. please help!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: constipated baby...please help

• You could try giving her some prunes. Or what we do is mix some Miralax in DS's bottle or sippy.

• Pear juice usually does the trick.
  • Loading the player...
  • Trust me prune juice will definitely do the trick.

• We had this problem last weekend and she would only go a tiny bit and it was so hard.  We stopped crackers and goldfish and that type of stuff.  Also no cheese.  We pushed fruits and water.  We did Miralax (half a cap in 8 oz of water)
  • prunes help...also they sell infant sapositories at Walgreens that are over the counter. We use one of those whenever it gets really bad and it helps right away. I would ask your pedi first though if you go that route.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • prunes. dd loves them! she doesn't like juice so that didn't work for us. 

also, no rice, cheese, etc.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• My guy has always had issues so we make sure he has one of the three p's daily(peaches,pears, or plums) this seems to keep him regular.
  • Bananas and apple sauce are big no-no's for constipation.  Pushing fluids, etc...

What works best for us besides food is a warm bath then as I'm putting lotion on him I give him an abdominal massage (using three fingertips  run the trac

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Pear Juice, Prune Juice, Water, Miralax have all worked and lay off the bananas, rice, pasta, potatoes until everything is cool again, and feed them fruit too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"