Working Moms

If you dont mind me asking...

2»

Re: If you dont mind me asking...

• I pay $1200 a month for 2 kids in home day care (three days per week). I used to pay $1500 for a nanny for just dd1. It would be closer to $2k if I wanted a nanny for two kids, three days a week.
  • imageFemShep:
    Get ready for sticker shock!

In Cambridge MA, for 5 days a week, 9 hours per day.... 2600/month for infant ca
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  •  Holy moly!

I pay $180/ week which is $720/ month, which is about average for the daycares in my area. For living in a very large city, I didn't realize how good a rate this is.

I love my daycare.

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My mom watches DS, but when I've priced daycare in our city (suburban Oregon, not in the Portland metro area) full-time infant care is about $1200-1500/month.

• I live in NJ south NJ so much cheaper than north and I pay 676 for 4 days a week. It would be over 800 for 4 days for infant though.
  • $1000/month for a nicer place in small town Indiana, the infant room is $1100/month. Many churches here have daycare for their members in the $600-$800/month range for infants, but none of these (in my area) have the highest state certification level.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• suburb of Dallas - infant room at my DC is $1175/mo
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • $775 a week for my nanny.  50 hrs a week.  Worth every penny, but holy crap so expensive.

• imagehoneybee111:
    I live in San Diego, and we currently pay $1100/month for preschool + aftercare for DD.  When she was an inf

• I am in the Philadelphia suburbs and infant spots are around $1200/month.  That is a big range that you are seeing.  Are you comparing inhome daycares with centers?  That's the only reason I could see such a big difference.  Persona

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We pay $350 a week for full time infant care at a center (not a chain).  That's on the low end for our area, and only because we use a center near my husband's office.  The places in our town are over $2000 a month for an infant.
  • Central maryland we pay about $1800/mth for the baby and $1200 for the preschooler. Yep I pay $3K in daycare a month.  I have HUGE plans for that money when both girls are out of daycare!   

You mentioned that you may wa

• 1400/month
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • We have daycare at a center in Fayetteville, NC.  It costs about $500/month for each kid.  There is very little variation in cost here.  The most expensive one is $650/month.  We liked them, but they weren't really an option because th

• In DC, at our center, it's $1452 a month for a 1 to 2.5 year old for full time care 5 days a week. Technically at 2.5 it should go down to $1256, but there isn't room for her to move rooms then, so I have to keep paying the higher rate and by th
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• imagelegalbeagle1:

$775 a week for my nanny.  50 hrs a week.  Worth every penny, but holy crap so expensive.

<

• We're also in the Sacramento area (suburbs) and DS goes full-time to an in-home DC.  We pay $180 per week.  Most people are shocked when we tell them how much we pay because it's so reasonable for our area.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in Orange County and we pay $1400/month and that includes diapers and food (breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks a day).  We looked at another facility that charged about $50 less a month but we had to bring diapers and food and crib sheets.  We on
  • For an infant, we were paying $1000-$1150 a month.  Now that my daughter is in preschool, we're at $820 a month.  And I'm at one of the more expensive places.  We've toured a lot.  And really, you get what you pay for.  We were no
    image @wa_tracy image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart
  • I'm in So. Cal.

We started DS in a center at 18 weeks and that was $294/week.

When he turned 1 we moved him to an in-home daycare that was $250/week.

Just after Christmas of this year (after he turned 2) we moved him to a Montessori

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • imagealiciamueller:

We're also in the Sacramento area (suburbs) and DS goes full-time to an in-home DC.  We pay $180 per

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"