Stay at Home Moms
Options

yet another preschool quesion

How far would you drive for a good preschool that is 2-3 hours a day.. 3-4 days a week? Would you keep your LO out and in other programs if there were none nearby? Do YMCA preschool instead?

Q :  06.25.10
W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

Re: yet another preschool quesion

• Options
    I think it depends on where you live. I would drive 10mins. Actually to a YMCA preschool. Its really an amazing preschool around here. But that 10mins is 2 towns over and I could see it being a pain in the jazz 3 days a week.
  • Options
    Our preschool is about a 20 minute drive, which is no big deal to me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I drive 15 minutes for a 3-hour program.  It works for me because it is close to all of the stuff I like to do with no kids (groceries, errands, mall, etc.).  I would drive 20ish, but wouldn't prefer it.
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    Next year I'll be driving 20 minutes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not more than 15 minutes.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    No more than 10 minutes.  There are just so many options.  We can walk to DS' school
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    For that short of time, I don't think that I would drive more than 10 minutes.  I was looking at putting DD1 into a French immersion preschool that was 5 hours/day two days/week, but it was at least a 30 minute drive and I didn't want to spend 2 hour
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    For my DD's preschool, including the time it takes to get her out of the car and into the classroom, I make a 45 minute round-trip twice a day (the school is 12 miles from our house), five days a week. Yeah, it's a lot of driving, but the school is w

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It totally depends on where you live, but I will tell you that the 15 minute drive to preschool was a killer some mornings, but we live in the country, so it is 15 minutes to get to anything.  It meant an hour in the car for me and DS on preschool

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would drive 20 min. We are doing the YMCA preschool next year which is about 15 min away. We are planning on moving mid year and it is between where we live and where we are planning to move.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"