May 2013 Moms

Baby shower nerves

Our baby shower is tomorrow and I'm REALLY excited, but I'm also nervous. We don't live really close to our families, so very few of them have seen me pregnant. This week, I suddenly feel HUGE and emotional. So I don't know how many "omg! You're so big!" Comments I can handle

Re: Baby shower nerves

• The reality of the situation is, we are all way bigger than we were 8 months ago. Is it hard to hear, repeatedly sometimes, yes. But, people will naturally comment on it. It's human nature to point out things that have changed. Try not to take it perso

• oh stop it. They are thinking nothing other then the fact that you are pregnant and are growing a baby. They know it will go away once your baby is born lol. Take a little extra time to do little things that will give you a secret extra boost. Here are

Amarie
  • Loading the player...
  • Happy Baby Shower :) Our baby shower is today too! I understand how you are feeling about all the comments you'll hear today. I've learned to take them with a grain. I've also been pointing out to certain people how the things they are saying are hurtful

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • Happy baby shower! 

I got way more "you're adorable" and "you look so cute" comments than I did "you're so huge."  So it was definitely a confidence booster.

Though my mother whom I've seen twice since I got pregnant has yet to co

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They are talking about the size of your belly and the healthy baby growing inside of it.  Smile and thank them and don't take it personal.
  • I was actually afraid of the same thing at my family baby shower a few weeks ago. I hadn't seen many of the people there since our wedding almost 2 years ago and I was really nervous since I had gained a little weight even before I got pregnant. To my sur
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good luck! I hear ya, my first shower is today and Im kind of dreading it. I don't like being the center of attention and hate opening gifts in front of people. Im hoping Im just making it worse in my head.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageamarie23c:

SCRUB YOUR LIPS WITH YOUR TOOTHBRUSH for 2 min to plump them up.

This just sounds painful.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"