Multiples

12wk Ultrasound?

We have our 12 week appointment on Monday and I'm wondering if we'll get an ultrasound. From what I hear, an ultrasound is not typically done during the 12 week appt with a singleton, but with twins, do most docs do an ultrasound? We've seen our OB a few times since we'be been preggo, so I assumed we would have one, but now I'm not sure. Thoughts??

Re: 12wk Ultrasound?

• I had an ultrasound every 4 weeks no matter what. They also might do one because its hard to find two heartbeats and know its different babies using a Doppler.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • That's a relief. I was thinking the same thing, but just wasn't sure. I've been having appts every 4 wks as well. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB and MFM do an u/s at every visit.
  • None of my u/s are done at my OB appts. I have a separate slate of appts at my hospital where I have u/s.

I had my NT scan at 12 weeks, so an u/s then. But none at 16 weeks. The once every 4 weeks started after 20 weeks for me. I'm having di

• HK123HK123 member

I had an ultrasound at 12 weeks because it was the NT scan. If I hadn?t been having the NT scan, they would have just done a quick ultrasound to check the heartbeats.

I am pregnant with mo/di twins. I had the NT scan at 12 weeks and starting at 1

• imageMthurm17:
    That's a relief. I was thinking the same thing, but just wasn't sure. I've been having appts every 4 wks as well. Thanks!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Most OB's wont do an u/s at every visit if they are di/di and no complications.

Id call and ask

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"