May 2013 Moms
Options

*sigh* Another Yeast Infection

This will be my 3rd one in 2 months. They gave me the difflucan first, it made me really sick with some stomach issues, but it did take the infection away. For 2 weeks. Then it came back. Then they had me try Monistat 3. Same deal- gone for 2 weeks and back again. Now they said do the 7 day Monistat. Which only comes in the cream and I'm sure is going to be a huge nasty mess. I am miserable that these keep coming back. I'm keeping clean, wearing loose clothes, eating a yogurt every day- but they keep coming back. I am at my wits end :(
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: *sigh* Another Yeast Infection

• Options
    I'm experiencing the same thing. Mine will be treated with Monistat 3 or 7. Then 23 weeks later, its back. Then I do it all over again. My doc says unfortunately they always come back. Luckily, he says using the monistat this often won't hurt LO. Sorry yo
    Our family is growing!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersa>
  • Options
    Sorry, sounds miserable. I hope it goes away soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh! Sounds terrible. So sorry!
  • Options
    Are you diabetic?  I had that same problem a year ago and my doctor sent me for blood work.  I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  I haven't had one since starting a diet and exercise regimen and I wasn't on any meds until getting pregnant
  • Options

imageBossMamma83:
    Are you diabetic?  I had that same problem a year ago and my doctor sent me for blood work.  I was diag
  • Options
    I feel your pain. I had one that would not go away for a month. Finally I was fine for a month and it just came back. My doctor says that the pill(Idk the name) nor monistat is good for pregnancy and the only thing that is(Clomintrozine sp?) is'nt as good
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry you're having to deal with that, no fun.  I keep getting uti so I can understand a little. 
  • Options
    I was getting a lot of yeast infections before I was diagnosed with hypothyroid...haven't had one since being contorolled with meds. Developing hypothyroid is really common in pregnancy.
  • Options
    I had my first one a couple weeks ago and had Diflucan which got rid of it but I think its starting to come back. Its miserable!!! I hate the creams so I hope that's not the next step.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for the suggestions and commisseration everyone. I've been reading the online reviews and they say the 7 day is horrible, itchy and messy. I do not have the patience to deal with that right now. So I'm going to try the 3 day again. I had no prob

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"