Preemies
Options

I need help with naps.

My girls are ALMOST 6 months old actual, 4 mo adjusted. They are rock stars STTN a new skill. However this week their naps are a MESS. 40 minutes when they used to be 1.5 hours. I realize I'm in a transition period, but everything I try doesn't seem to make them nap longer. Here's our day as it stands now:

6:30/7 wake and feed
8play
9nap
9:30 to 10:45 struggle to keep 3 babies resting or asleep
11:00 feed
11:40 play
1:oo nap
Struggling to keep everyone asleep again
3:00 feed
Play
56 nap
7bedtime routine includes final bottle

Each bottle contains 66.5 oz of EBM. TODAY I tried switching playtime and feeding so nap is right after a bottleno better results yet. Am I expecting too much? I thought sleep things were based on adjusted age for preemies. At "4" months they should be sleeping more than 30 minutes at a time, right?

FWIW, I live in a modest home. All 3 girls share a room. If they are hysterical, I take them out into the living room because 1 hysterical baby in a RnP is better than 3 hysterical babies in cribs. I have a white noise machine in their room. I've read HSHHC, and Mothering Multiples. ANY advice, input, opinions are welcome. I'm at a loss. Ohand that third nap is still needed. I'm seeing no signs of being ready to drop it, and all 3 get terrible cranky around 5 if I skip it and try to move bedtime up I get Screamfest.
4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I need help with naps.

• Options
    That seems like too little food or too long between food. My boys ate every 3h until recently. Maybe try feeding every three hours, if they're hungry they won't sleep.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options

imageMissa_g:
    That seems like too little food or too long between food. My boys ate every 3h until recently. Maybe try feeding ev
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I used your advice and made a new schedule. Still 6.5 oz first and last bottle, but then 5 oz bottles every 3 hours in between. We will see how much of that they actually take! Don't worry, I'm the opposite of a force feedereven if it mea
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"