Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

No mama or dada? WTH??

DS says read, uh-oh, bye bye, kitty, and up.  He can tell us what noise a monkey and a cow make.  He knows how to sign for more and all done, and is getting close with milk.  He knows where his nose and toes are.  He can find the sheep and pigs in all his books.  He knows at all times where kitty is and where his books are.

Buuuut...he doesn't know who mama and dada are.  He doesn't say it, he doesn't look at us, he doesn't point.  Nothin. *Sigh*  He better be saying them before he says gram or pap-pap!

Anyone else have late mama and dada bloomers?

Anniversary

Re: No mama or dada? WTH??

• My daughter is 22 months, and will only say dad when bribed/prompted (never dada, daddy, dad) mama she only says in a whine, never in a greeting, or anything like that.

But...she says frog, toe, please, socks, shoes, teeth, Oscar, Elmo, count, ov

My daughter is my hero.
  • Your son is doing great!

My son, looks like he's a couple months older than yours, is just now starting to talk. He does 5 or 6 signs and knows quite a few body parts, but talking is just starting to click. He says "daddy" very clearly but hasn't

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Loading the player...
  • DS said Dada really early, but didn't say Mama until MUCH later. I don't remember when, but it was well after his birthday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I wouldn't worry about it, since he saying other things.   At 15 months my LO just says Mama, Dada, kitty and dog.
    ~*Kimberly*~

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • DD will be 2 in less than 3 weeks, and she still doesn't call us Mama or Dada.  She's pretty slow in her speech in general but she understands and follows all directions.  She does know who we are, just has no interest in calling us by our "name

• my lo used to point to things she wanted and say "this!"...

and thats what she called me for 3 months until she finally started saying mama, which happened around 15 months.

i wouldnt worry. just keep encouraging. 

• My DD is almost 15 months and only says Hi. She has said daddy a couple of times but that was a while ago. She knows who we are and will point to us though. It is frustrating but she is doing great receptively. She knows a lot of body parts, can nod for y
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"