2nd Trimester
Options

Gender Reveal question - not the normal one

So, I asked for tips on how to get a cake SUPER VIBRANT on facebook and people started telling me I should have a baker do it and find out with everyone else. 

two problems with that, besides me just not wantingto do it that way
1. my in-laws live five hours away and wouldn't come in for a gender reveal (and MIL isn't big on the internet so no skype allowed)
2. I want to share that moment with JUST my DH. This is one of few things that we really want to keep as ours for a week.

So here's the question: should I now be feeling guilty for wanting to know before everyone else? I mean, they are OUR babies after all. 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
imageimage

Re: Gender Reveal question - not the normal one

• Options
    Nope, you shouldn't feel guilty at all.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

SO couldn't be there for the a/s when I found out gender. I made him a special, and for dessert made cupcakes like the hostess type but instead of white filling I bought neon color food coloring so it was a crazy bright color.

& don't f

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    As PPs said, don't feel guilty. DH and I found out the sex, but we are not telling anyone until LO gets here. We wanted it to be just between us for now. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options

I don't know if you got the answer you needed on FB, but for sure use gel food colors to get a good result with your icing. You can buy gel coloring at Michaels or Joanne's.

And for Pete's sake, don't feel guilty. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not into gender reveal events, so I definitely don't think it's wrong for this to be something you DH share.

Hell, we didnt even tell our respective parents I was in labor until after DS was born.

• Options
    no don't feel guilty at all. they're your babies its you and your DH's decision!
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options

You're right, they're your babies...you don't need to feel guilty finding anything out about them first or keeping any information about them to yourself.

On the cake note, I'm an amateur baker and cake decorator, but my instructor usually recomm

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    image1026pumpkin:
    You're right, they're your babies...you don't need to feel guilty finding anything out about them first or keeping any
    imageimage
  • Options
    Dont feel guilty at all! We debated on telling anyone at all but having only dh and I know. We decided against it but never once did a feeling of guilt come across. Your babies, your decision.
  • Options
    I'll be lucky if I can keep it a secret for a week lol
    imageimage
  • Options
    Why on earth should you feel guilty about this?
  • Options
    My husband and I found out at the us them had the reveal the next day. I wish I hasn't told people that I was finding out in advance. They were.grilling me! Plus I slipped on.the phone with my mom and said "him".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"