May 2013 Moms
Options

Hot Dogs

My parents were planning on doing a cookout on Sunday and they are having hot dogs for lunch. Have any of you eaten hot dogs? I have had lunch meat heated up and bacon well done, but hot dogs I am not sure about. I love my hot dogs BURNT so I know they would be cooked. What do you think?

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Hot Dogs

• Options
    I have eaten hot dogs several times throughout my pregnancy. To play it extra safe, boil yours first and then throw it on the grill. The only things my doctor told me to stay away from are raw meat/fish. Good ahead and enjoy a hot dog.
  • Options
    With both pregnancies I have had hot dogs. I just make sure they are cooked well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I am going to enjoy the H out of it!
  • Options
    Yes! I haven't eaten a single hotdog in about 4 years until I got pregnant. During my second trimester I had the most insane craving for hotdogs. It was so weird! It's not that bad anymore, but I definitely ate a whole bunch of them during this pregnancy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love 'em, eat 'em all the time!
  • Options
    Enjoy. They're fine. I buy the uncurred hot dogs to avoid the nitrates, but there's nothing wrong with the occasional bad for you kind.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageMomlovesEloise:
    Enjoy. They're fine. I buy the uncurred hot dogs to avoid the nitrates, but there's nothing wrong with the occasion

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I've eaten plenty of hot dogs as well. I asked my OB about it, and she said as long as you're sure they're thoroughly cooked it's fine.
    Photobucket Our fur babies, Stella and Falkor!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh man and now you have given me a hot dog craving....might have to talk H into a visit to our local weenie dive, Dirty Franks.

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've eaten hot dogs quite a few times. Actually, now hot dogs sound good. Maybe I will have one for dinner..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm about to go get me a Costco Dog! Yum!!!! Enjoy the bbq
  • Options
    I have eaten approximately 9000 hot dogs.  I think you'd be fine.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

• Options
    Hot dogs, especially with cheese and pickles (yummy!!), have been one of my favorite foods this pregnancy! My OB said to go for it, as long as they are all beef hot dogs and cooked thoroughly. Enjoy! 
  • Options
    bereeberee member

Yummy! Enjoy your hot dog(s) Now I know what I will be having for dinner tomorrow!

Beree
  • Options
    I think yum!! We are having some friends over tomorrow night and are planning to grill hamburgers! This is our first nice weather and we are pretending its summer!
    Enjoy your burnt hot dog...as far as I'm concerned that's the only way to eat em!
  • Options
    Glad I already got my hot dog fix in for the day (a coney cheese and a chicago style) from Dog n Suds, otherwise we would be taking a trip there right now. Enjoy your weenie.
  • Options
    Yes! I actually ate one the other day!
  • Options
    I love hot dogs and have eaten plenty of them during my pregnancy. You'll be fine.
  • Options
    Ok! I'm going to go crazy and have TWO of those burnt delicious things tomorrow!!!! I may even throw in a can of diet Pepsi! Hahaha thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"