May 2013 Moms

Long-term sub plans

As a teacher, one of the (many) things I have been worrying about is being gone for the last weeks of school. I have a meeting with my long-term substitute teacher next Tuesday after school and I've been putting together my plans for the rest of the year (trying to give some leeway because of all of the team activities/testing kids get pulled out for at the end of the year). I also am trying to finish putting together a packet with all of the day-to-day things I'm required to do. I just finished my plans for the rest of the year and hope to finish the day-to-day packet before Monday. I have never needed a sub for this long before and the planning was INSANE. It would have been nice to just hand over my class to my sub, but she will have no time to plan as she is graduating days before my due date (thank goodness for provisional licenses).

Are there any other teachers out there stressing out about planning? If so, I feel for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Long-term sub plans

• YES!!!! I just finished my plans for my sub who is scheduled to take my classes starting April 22nd and end June 14th. It's looking like I'll be out earlier which means more planning for me. So not excited...
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• I have to say, I feel as though I am cheating!  I actually have a student teacher in my rooom this year, and the district went ahead and hired her as my long term sub since her student teaching ends the same time my maternity leave begin

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Loading the player...
  • Yes! As an itinerant traveling special Ed teacher, I just found out, they're not replacing me!! Preparing each of my buildings for my absence as well as reassuring my teams and parents has not been easy.... :
  • I need to do some sort of loose plan, but I'm not stressing about it.  I teach high schoolers and so while I'm going to be out the last 6 weeks of school, a week and a half of that is state testing.  

For one of my courses, she'll be do

• That sounds like so much work! I'm not a teacher, but I definitely have a lot of planning to do myself. I'm a grad student and I work with a plant community that has begun to flower in the forest last week. Since I can't be out there myself, hiking on ste
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That does sound like a lot of work! When I had my first son and was still teaching, I didn't have to leave much for the sub because all the teachers on the grade met on a weekly basis to plan together.  I had what we called curriculum calen
    Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • Since my due date is a few days after the last day of school, I am going to try to make it until the end. However, I am making some plans just in case. I sort of wish I had a more definite end date, though. Not knowing what my actual last day will be is s
    BabyFruit Ticker>
  • I teach grade 4 and we are only required to leave a weeks worth of plans and just a general outline of what to teach the rest of the year in each subject. Literally, in science teach solar systems, in math teach topics 1216 etc. They should be a certified
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm a high school math teacher with three different preps this year. I spent the last two months planning everything for my two subs. (We're on a block schedule so two subs are splitting my classes.) I keep reassuring my students that they'll be fine w

• imageJoelandmissy:
    Yes! As an itinerant traveling special Ed teacher, I just found out, they're not replacing me!! Preparing each of my

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • I will probably only leave about a weeks worth of plans for my sub. I have been a long term sub before and I always had to write my own plans. That's why they get paid more than a regular sub and have to be certified. I will be out almost two months. Stil
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • As for me, I'm not leaving plans. I have met with my sub several times, and I usually coplan, so those teachers will help him out. This is not paid leave, so they do not require me to do any work for or during it. However, my long term has 15 yrs under hi

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Yes I feel the same way! I teach 2nd grade and will be out the last three weeks this school year and the first nine weeks in the fall. I've been working on sub plans for awhile but its so overwhelming! I keep thinking the sooner I get them done the happi
  • imageJoelandmissy:
    Yes! As an itinerant traveling special Ed teacher, I just found out, they're not replacing me!! Preparing each of m
  • imagesurpriseaddition:

I have to say, I feel as though I am cheating!  I actually have a student teacher in my rooom this year

• imagetrlricha:
    Since my due date is a few days after the last day of school, I am going to try to make it until the end. However, I

• imagebabesonthebrain:
    I teach grade 4 and we are only required to leave a weeks worth of plans and just a general outline of what t

• I am playing the catch up game with plans as well! My due date is 10 may which only leaves 3 weeks of long term sub I am planning on going early just in case. My biggest concern is that I teach high school math alg 1, acc geo and acc alg 2 and I'm worried
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"