Multiples

traveling 6 months old

Hi,

So we are doing a trip to long island for a friends wedding over memorial day weekend. the boys are coming with and though the wedding is a 2 day event (friday/saturday), we planned on arriving on Thursday to get ourselves settled in.

We are doing what used to be a 5 hour drive for us including breaks on Thursday and then Sunday we have a bridal shower for another family wedding to stop by before we leave.

Any tips? The boys will be 6 months at the time. one has reflux and club feet. the other one has laryngomalacia and will have some large spit ups once in awhile. They both take their bottles at least somewhat warm.  I was planning on transitioning them to mostly formula at that age anyway, as I was going to potentially stop pumping around then.

Things that we are trying to figure out: I know this seems like we'e trying to pack everything and the kitchen sink but followed by this trip we're flying for an engagement 3 weeks later, driving to hilton head a month after that and then onto michigan two weeks after that!  so just trying to sort things out!

- bottle warming at the hotel

- bathtime at the hotel

- they love their playmats and one is portable and one is not. debating about getting a travel one so they have somewhere to play around. they are starting to rotate around in a clock like fashion and turn on their sides right now, so not sure how mobile they will be then and if there is some other activity or place I should look at that.  

- bouncer - if they get extra fussy at night, we do cave and put them in their bouncers.  i can't find a good travel bouncer - any reccomendations?

- was debating about bouncer vs swing - because i have seen travel swings. we're using them now when they get extra fussy but not sure if this is something that we would still use at 6 months? 

TTC since October 2010.
Dx: unexplained IF
clomid x 3 = BFN
clomid/IUI #1 - BFP - EDD 7/13/2012 - missed Ab
clomid/IUI #2 & #3 - BFN
Follistim/IUI #1 (3 juicy follies) - BFP! EDD 12/19/12
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: traveling 6 months old

• Thanks.  we have a great white noise app (baby shusher - they like the shushing better than the traditional white noise) so we'll bring that.  we are going to bring pnps.  we have quite  a bit of time just in our hotel room and hotel g
    TTC since October 2010.
    Dx: unexplained IF
    clomid x 3 = BFN
    clomid/IUI #1 - BFP - EDD 7/13/2012 - missed Ab
    clomid/IUI #2 & #3 - BFN
    Follistim/IUI #1 (3 juicy follies) - BFP! EDD 12/19/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I plan on traveling at night when mine start making the 5 hour trip to see the ILs at about 6mo
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"