Multiples

Positive comments!

I thoroughly enjoyed the previous comments posts, but I thought I would start a post about positive comments that we get! I actually can't think of a lot, but I like the "I don't know how you do it!" comments. Just tonight at church a woman told me they are the most beautiful twins she has ever seen. Haha! I'm not sure whether this was positive or negative, but my friend always says they look healthy "for twins". Um, do twins normally look thin and sickly? Thats all I can think of. You got anything?

Re: Positive comments!

• My creepy friend told me I am soooo lucky to spontaneously have twins. 
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • I like when people say I have a "double blessing" bc that's how I think of it too :D
  • Loading the player...
  • I get a lot of "you're so lucky" comments, which I definitely feel I am! And I love the bond you instantly have with twin parents in public
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A coworker was excited to see me and said "you are growing!" I replied "I'm huge!" She said " you are pregnant in the most beautiful way." 

I thought that was so sweet.  

• I never get tired of hearing that my boys are adorable!

Someone today told me that I really seemed to have it together.  That was a huge compliment!

Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My parents and neighbors always say I work so hard and boy do I and I'm such a wonderful mom it helps as tired as I feel!
  • I swell with pride when anyone complements their birthweight. I know 3.1, 3.3, and 3.7 doesn't sound like a lot but I am a thin 125lb, 5'3" person pre pregnancy and had lots of issues with diet, nutrition, and gestational diabetes when pregnant. I went th
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I get the comments abt doing amazing while carrying to make it to 37w1d after a ptl scare at 27wks. I get looks of astonishment and comments abt my super uterus (lol) that they were 7.3 & 7.9. Every time I post weight updates from their doctor visits
  • imageAmyJoy728:
    I get the comments abt doing amazing while carrying to make it to 37w1d after a ptl scare at 27wks. I get looks of aston

• I have had several "you are so blessed" and "you are so special to have twins" comments.  I actually don't like the special comment, because to me that implies it's less special to have singletons, and frankly I don't think it is, but it's still nice
  • I was out for a walk with my twins and a mom with a toddler playing in her yard said "you go girl" - I thought that was perfect b/c it complimented me without requiring a response, which I always find exhausting even for the nice comments!

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepillowass:
    I was out for a walk with my twins and a mom with a toddler playing in her yard said "you go girl" - I thought that
  • imageCeeBug:

I have to agree about the comment concerning being doubly blessed. We waited 18 months to conceive, and the thought th

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • I baked brownies and cupcakes for Easter while taking care of my 6 week old boys alone since my SO was working 5pm to 8am. I got a lot of positive comments about "I don't know how you do it." And I like that one. Especially since I don't know how I manage
  • I love this idea!  It's so easy to focus on the negative comments.

At the grocery store pushing the dsng and pulling the cart before Easter by myself I had two moms with toddlers tell me I was their hero and they don't know how I do it alone

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • someone on this board once said to go to the breastfeeding support groups, if only for the ego boost. All the singleton mothers are in awe of you because they're barely surviving one! I feel that way about going to the grocery or anywhere else-people a

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • "Oh your babies are so beautiful" "I'm jealous, I always wanted twins/I hope I get twins when I get pregnant" "I don't know how you do it" "You are my hero"

My favourite is when I tell them I am BFing and I BF them at the same time. People are

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"