Postpartum Depression

could this be ppd?

My lo is a little over 3 weeks old. I've been crying at least once a day since she was 5 days old. I figured it was baby blues but I feel like its getting worse. I get in a mood where I want nothing to do with anyone, not even my baby. I thank God that bfing didn't work out so that I can give her to someone for however long my mood lasts. I feel like the worst mom ever looking at my new baby knowing I'm her everything and half the time I don't even want to touch her. I just don't know how I can go from loving her and showering her with affection to wanting nothing to do with her. And I really wish it wasn't like that and that I could stop crying. Does this sound like ppd? I'm going to call my dr in a few hrs when they open but I'm losing my mind here.

Re: could this be ppd?

• It definitely could be the start of PPD. I don't really remember when mine started but it evolved from the crying for no reason or over silly things, to crying for a specific reason KWIM? One of the feelings that I had was that I didn't want to take ca

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • That sounds exactly like my ppd when it started after having my first baby. You should have gotten help sooner. Don't feel bad for not wanting to touch your daughter just think that you will be fine after your doc prescribes something. I got zoloft and in
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"