September 2011 Moms
Options

freezing pancakes

DD takes oatmeal for breakfast to the babysitters house just about every day.  Occasionally, on a monday, she might take leftover pancakes from Sunday breakfast, or once in a while I might make her scrambled eggs, but generally, it's all oatmeal all the time.

I'd like to mix it up for her, and make a few batches of pancakes that I can freeze, so I can just pull a couple out of the freezer the night before to pack in her lunchbox, but I don't think I've ever frozen pancakes.

Any tips?  I assume I should freeze them laying flat on a tray or something, and then put them into a tupperware or zippy bag once they're frozen, right?  Will they thaw okay if i just take them out the night before and put them into a little tupperware for DD to take with to the babysitter's house?  Will banana, pumpkin, blueberry, chocolate chip, etc. pancakes all be fine frozen and thawed?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: freezing pancakes

• Options
    I've frozen regular and blueberry pancakes and they have been fine. I usually use a freezer bag or wrap in saran wrap and then tin foil. They do thaw quick. I usually take them out of the freezer the night before and stick them in the fridge. They are rea
    "From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
  • Options
    I usually freeze them individually on a cookie sheet and throw them in a gallon freezer bag. I usually just take one out of the freezer and microwave it until it's warm. I do the same with muffins.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just stack them in a bowl and that's it. They can last forever if Matt didn't like them so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"