Two Under 2

Anyone turn 2 around at 1?

No judgement please, but did anyone turn 2 around at one instead of waiting until two?? I know the risks but just curious....

Re: Anyone turn 2 around at 1?

• Both my kids are tall for their ages. With DS we turned him around at about 19 months. At the time he was in a seat that could not adjust for his legs. He cried and fussed everytime we got in the car. DH had enough and turned him around. He was happy as a
  • I would do only if LO is exceeding the height/weight of rear facing.  Sometimes size is more important than age. DD is barely 20lb so she will be rear facing for a while.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • No, in fact we just bought a seat for DD2 (just turned 3) to keep her RFing longer, she is tall, but only 29lbs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • DS will turn around at 16m because he'll have to so that DD can get to the back row of the van.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• DD1 was rear facing until 2.5.  DD2 is still rear facing.  I've thought about turning her, as she is tall, but it's so much safer to keep her rear facing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • i'm perplexed that if you know the risks why you would consider doing it...

other strangers on the internet doing it as well doesn't make it right.

to answer the question no, we did not turn our children at one. i value safety over convenie

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebabyWmom:
    She has been wearing 2t since November, so I figure she is basically the size of a 2yearold anyway.
    </BLOCKQUOT

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We kept DD RFing until almost 2.5.  She was outgrowing her seat RF by height.  DS is 13months and will be staying RFing for AT LEAST another year.  Yea it's harder to get him in his seat, but I'll take safety over convenience anyday.

• My DD is 2.5 26lbs and my DS is 18 months 30lbs. Both are still RFing. They will be for at least another 6 months or more. My DS is big, heavier than my 2.5yr old and almost as tall. It's tough getting him in the seat but it's totally worth it. My DD can
  • Children under the age of 3 are 5 times more likely to die or suffer permanent disabilities in a car forward facing.

No amount of convenience would outweigh that statistic for me.  A few seconds of convenience really doesn't compare to the l

• My personal thoughts: I am far more likely to cause a crash if I am driving a car with a child who is screaming than I am to cause a crash in a car when my toddler is sitting quietly. If your child is completely miserable backwards but a perfect angel for
  • We will be RFing as long as possible.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • I'm waiting until they reach the RFing limit on their carseats. So, both are still RFing.

I'm sure they both would be happier with me holding them, boob in their mouths while driving down the freeway. Doesn't mean I'm going to let them do it. &nb

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• imageBeckyTheEngineer:
    My personal thoughts: I am far more likely to cause a crash if I am driving a car with a child who is scream
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We switched DS1 around. He's always been a horrible car seat baby.. Horrible. We ended up moving him to the convertible seat at 5 months hoping that made a difference, it didn't. Next came toys, then DVDs, snacks.. I tried everything under the sun. He wou

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"