December 2010 Moms
Options

pacifier for newbie ?

Any magic solutions to get a cranky baby to accept silicone instead of breast?  I'm exhausted when it comes to being a human pacifier, but my colicky screamer can't seem to quit crying without the mama 24/7. 

We've bought a pkg of every single brand now!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: pacifier for newbie ?

• Options

booooo sorry mama....will he take it just after a feeding so he knows it's not replacing food?

K sleeps with one a night - we found the newborn Mam pacis work well. 

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    imagewatermellens:

booooo sorry mama....will he take it just after a feeding so he knows it's not replacing food?  No,

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it's a recent refusal, it might just be a growth spurt. Hold on tight! I know it's no fun...
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Nope, we tried in the hospital and everyday since.  He hates them.

• Options
    kj07kj07 member

I'm not sure how I feel about offering this, but when B was about 10 weeks old we had a horrible flight.  He cried and cried and wouldn't be consoled, wouldn't nurse, and wouldn't take his paci.  The flight attendant kept offering to bring us

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    imagekj07:

I'm not sure how I feel about offering this, but when B was about 10 weeks old we had a horrible flight.  He cried

• Options
    C never took a paci either.  I think we just held on tight until she got over it.  But at least we didn't have to worry about weaning her off of one when she got older.  (that's all i've got for positives...lol) Sorry, that's not overly hel
    photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to suggest sugar water as well. I wouldn't do it every time but it might help him realize what it is. J refused a paci and I was a human pacifier. It was horrible but after he fact, I realize it didn't last as long as it seemed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    No real suggestions on pacifiers, but if you have pumped breast milk I would dip in that over sugar water if it was me and doing multiple times. Also I used colic calm with J in those first few fussy weeks. It really made a huge change, I don't know what
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Have you tried offering him your pinky finger? I know you would still be a human paci, but at least he'd be off your boob.

I know it is a hard habit to break, but you could try to get him to suck his thumb.

• Options

imageSpitsNGiggles:
    Have you tried offering him your pinky finger? I know you would still be a human paci, but at least he'd be of
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"