Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

UTI and temping question

I have never had a UTI before but I felt like I might be getting one. The day before the discomfort started (CD17) I had a temp spike and it has stayed up. Yesterday I started drinking tons of water to flush it out of my system and today it seems almost completely gone. 

I charted for 6 cycles when we were ttc with DS. I just began charting again last cycle this time around. I have never O'd prior to CD22. I was not temping for the first two weeks of this cycle for this reason (I don't sleep as well when I temp because I'm so worry I'm not going to wake up at the right time).  

My question is for those of you who have had a UTI before, did you notice a temp spike during your UTI? I'm just wondering if this could be the reason for my temp spike or if this is not common, then chances are I O'd earlier than usual. I doubt FF will give me crosshairs because I don't have enough temps recorded prior to the spike.

TIA 

edit to add that I did have Watery cm on CD16 right before bed so I tested with an OPK on CD17 but it was negative. 

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: UTI and temping question

• Options
    I had a UTI right before my FW a few months back, but I did not notice a temp spike from it. In fact, I had an extremely delayed O that cycle, and I strongly feel it was due to the infection and/or antibiotics I had to take. That said, everyone is differe
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A UTI can give you a full on fever, so it could definitely raise your temp.  If you have had sympotms for a couple days, go get antibiotics.  You'll feel better and if you let it go too long they can get really miserable.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    Thank you for the replies. I was going to call the dr today but it seemed much better when I woke up this morning. Guess I'll just keep temping and see what happens.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    lp0lp0 member
    imagebandteacher:
    imageLP0198:</stro

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    lp0lp0 member
    imageGhostMonkey:

imageLP0198:</s

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"