Traveling question — The Bump
Pregnant after a Loss

Traveling question

DH and I are trying to plan our summer travel schedule. Every year, we take two weeks and go visit our families in New England. This involves two days of 9 hour car rides, plus some shorter days in the car (all with our two boys, ages 6 and 2). And of course being away from home for two weeks.

How late in your pregnancy would you take this trip? The dates we're looking at fall anywhere from 27w to 32w. I don't have a sense of what my OB will recommend - though I know with my first pg, my OB (who is now retired) didn't want me to travel for a weekend at 32w for my shower. [Momentary pity party - so I never had a real baby shower. :( ]

Thoughts? 

Mommy to Alden, born May 19, 2007 - best birthday present ever! natural m/c October 20, 2008 at 8w1d BFP April 4, 2009! Missed m/c discovered May 1, 2009 D&C May 12,2009 BFP March 3, 2010 Chemical pregnancy BFP May 25, 2010 Elias Derek born January 26, 2011! Surprise BFP October 24, 2012 Missed m/c confirmed Nov 26 D&C Nov 30 Surprise BFP February 13, 2013

Re: Traveling question

• Personally, I am more comfortable traveling at 27w than 32w.  I had DS at 35w....totally unexpected, so you never know what can happen!  That being said, I am sure you would be fine to travel any of those dates.  The good news is you w

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • The earlier the better, like PPs have said!
    ~Drew '13~Camden '12~Mihaila '10~Aaliyah '09~Noah '07~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards