Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

No weight gain from 6months-9months...

My EBF daughter weighed 15lbs 12oz at her 6 month well check up. I just took her in this morning for her 9 month check up, and she now weighs 15lbs 11oz....

My doctor is having me bring her back in 6 weeks from now to see if she's gained some weight. If she hasn't, then she said we'll start to do some blood tests. She said that they would check her thyroid, but she is growing in length and in all other areas, so she didn't think it would be a thyroid issue.

My daughter is a good nurser who nurses 5-6 times a day, and eats 2 solid meals of more than 6 oz each.

She went from being in the 54% at 3 months, to 36% at 6 months, and now she is at 23% at 9 months.

Has anyone else had any experience with their LO's not gaining any weight between check-ups?  

=/ 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: No weight gain from 6months-9months...

• Options
    My experience was similar.. My LO was 17 lbs 13 oz at 6 months and 8 lbs 10 oz at 9 months.. She grew a couple inches in length .... The dr didn't say anything about it, and I just figured its because she is crawling and cruising now.
  • Options

imageRamaOtster:
    I don't know what percentile our LO was in at birth but she was 9.4lbs. At her 6 month appointment she was 14lb
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Similar situation here between 4 and 6 months no gain, corresponded exactly to when DS became very active and started moving a lot.  Pedi wasn't worried, and slow weight gain resumed over the next 3 months.  He's still small but active.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My LO has never had a problem with weight gain LOL but he is not growing upward very fast! And the nurse did 2 measurements of his head that his pedi briefly talked to me about, but no one is too worried...except maybe me..

He is cruising and ver

image image image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBiscuitEater21:

My LO has never had a problem with weight gain LOL but he is not growing upward very fast! And the nurse did 2

• Options
    We had our 9 month check up yesterday. DS was 17lbs 11oz...up 1.5 lbs from his 6 month. Our pedi was somewhat surprised that DS gained because she knows my DS doesn't take bottles very well. And she also mentioned that at a lot of 9 month check ups she se
  • Options

We just had my son's 9m check up and he was 16.1 lbs. Dr said he dropped from 11% to 3% even though he had gained 1.5 lbs. He took blood tests and they call came back normal. He also told me to bring LO in after 6 weeks for a weight check.

<
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine has. I forgot his exact weight but his pedi said he is fine as long as he's not losing weight and not dehydrated. He's now about 20 lbs and 11 months. At 6 months I think he was 16 lbs.
  • Options

My boy had gone from 14 lb at 6 months to 13 lb at 8 months. I brought him in and they did a ton of blood tests. Our pediatrician suggested I start supplementing after EACH nursing. I agreed to try this even though I thought he was getting enough from

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"