February 2012 Moms

Short luteal phase

DH and I are TTC & I've been temping since December.  My cycles have all been 28-29 days since October when I stopped BFing.  Last night I was browsing different sites and read about a short luteal phase being less than 10 days (after hunting around more, I saw some said less than 12).  Since December, I've O'ed on CD 18 or 19.  This means my LT is 9-10 days.  Apparently, this often leads to the uterine lining shedding before implantation can occur.  There are some sites that say evidence is showing that this is a myth.  I saw some info about taking more B6 &/or cream (can't remember the name) to lengthen the LP, but obviously I'd like to talk with my dr. first.  I called today but she's out of the office until next week. unfortunately, today is CD 19.  I know we have only been TTC for a few months, but I'm pretty upset about this info.  

I looked at old charts from DD and I was O'ing on CD 15-16.  The month I got KU it was CD 13.   

Anyone have experience with this?  Did you take anything to try to lengthen your LT?  Did it work?  Anyone get KU w/ a short LP?  Just curious.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Short luteal phase

• I have a short luteal phase. I tried B6 when I was TTC 1 and it didn't really do much. You can def get pg with 910 day luteal phase, my BFF did. I had a short luteal phase but also spotted from day 7ish on.

My BFF got pg with 2 with no inte

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• You can see from my charts, under Some Charts in my siggy, that I have the same problem. I am on my mobile, so I can't see your siggy. I have had 3 pp cycles with 6, 8, and 7 day lps. Are you still breastfeeding. I am only bfing once a day, but I think th

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Loading the player...
  • imageChicagoWeded2007:
    You can see from my charts, under Some Charts in my siggy, that I have the same problem. I am on my mobile,
  • imageSapphireDreamRock:

imageChic

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • I take B6 B12 and folic acid.  I have progesterone supps if I get a BFP.  My lp is only short after mc, but my doc said it could only help.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagebuckeyebride22:
    I take B6 B12 and folic acid. nbsp;I have progesterone supps if I get a BFP. nbsp;My lp is only short after mc, but
  • imageSapphireDreamRock:
    imagebuckeye

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

• imagebuckeyebride22:
    imageSap
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"