3rd Trimester
Options

So what would you do?

Dh and I are struggling to pick a name for dd.  our favorite is Alexandra Kathryn - but my sister named her boy Alexander (he's 3 and lives 4 hrs away).  I asked her if she mined and she said no but I worry she secretly might.  I told her our plan would be to shorten to Ali, not Alex.  Do you think something's not quite right about us using Alexandra?  We like Alexis too but not Alexis Kathryn - not sure of a good middle name.  Third choice is briana - but again would need a new middle name I thnk.  Suggestions on that would be great too!  Thanks!

Re: So what would you do?

• Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong about using the name. If you like Ali, what about Alison? We can't even decide on a name, so at least you are narrowing it down, lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

To me, it wouldn't matter at all, especially since your sister said she doesn't care. If you mostly plan to use her nickname, I really don't think anyone will ever even notice their names are so similar. I would use it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's fine
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    That would be way too close for my comfort. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree with PP, it would be way too close for my comfort as well. I'd feel like a copy cat or something. If you want to call her Ali then Alexis is a great way to go.... how about...

Alexis Jean, Alexis Marie, Alexis Rose, Alexis
  • Options
    My DD is Alexandra (we call her Alex) so I'm biased and LOVE the name.  I say go for it.  
  • Options
    That would be a little close for me but I may still used it if I loved it. What about Alexa Kathryn? I think that's cute and you can still use Ali.
    How often do you see your nephew? Is there any chance you would end up in the same area do one of y
  • Options
    I know sets of cousins named Nola and Lola. As well as an Annabelle and Mirabelle, so I'd vote its fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldnt do it, since it's your sister.   If it was your cousin, or another more distantly related person, than maybe.  But I wouldnt want first cousins to have pretty much the same first name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Kathryn Alexis

You could switch the order...I think it sounds pretty

• Options
    I say it's fine. they aren't the same although they are close and she might take it as a compliment that you liked the name so much.
  • Options

I think if she said its fine, it probably is?

But I think if you want to get away from Alexander, then both Alexandria and Alexa are out.

Maybe talk to your sister again and be very blunt with her "I am really considering using this name,

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What about Briana Alexis.  

Also if you like the name Alexandra, which I love, then just use it.  I also think Ali is a cute nick name. 

• Options

Thanks everyone.  My sister called me today and said she talked to her husband and they are both totally okay with us using whatever name we want - love my big sis!  Not sure what we ultimately will do yet but I really do appreciate you all s

• Options
    If Yyou Want to use Ali as a nickname, what about Alison?

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"