Multiples

Signs point to ID!

So our DI/DI boys are looking more alike every day, and it turns out that they have BLUE eyes. They're brightening up like crazy and are definitely turning a gorgeous baby blue, as opposed to that gray-blue. For us to have a baby with blue eyes is a 5% chance, so having fraternal twins with blue eyes would actually be a 2.5% chance, making it far more likely that they're ID. I was also looking at the bottoms of their feet yesterday, and their right feet are identical to each other, and their left feet are identical to each other, but the feet on each boy are totally mismatching. As in, Max's left foot and right foot have completely different wrinkles, but they match Miles' left and right perfectly. 

This twin thing just keeps surprising. It's like the gift that keeps on giving! 

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Signs point to ID!

• it is so incredible! my husband is a twin, fraternal we've been told, but i seriously wonder if they actually know, because i literally didn't know that there were 2 of them at first. lol. and they are just so much alike and have a lot of the same marks a
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • We found out we aree having boys today and for a second I was a little sad, not because I wanted a girl (I could care less) but that our DD wanted a sister sooo bad. I know she'll get over that as shes 3 but my excitement came when I remembered there i

• Loading the player...
  • imageJocelynB0911:

We found out we aree having boys today and for a second I was a little sad, not because I wanted a girl (I could

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageBananaPancake:
    imageJocelyn
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • If the chance is 5 for one then if they are fraternal the chance for both to have blue eyes is actually 0.25, so much much smaller. Sounds like they are probably ID to me!
  • They are adorable fraternal or identical :-)
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We finally got our di-di girls tested a little over a month ago and they turned out to be identical!  It took less than 2 weeks to test and get results.  I started getting suspicious when all their teeth were coming in mirrored the other one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBananaPancake:
    imageJocelyn
  • Nice! My babies have gorgeous blue eyes like ice blue and they didnt get them from either one of us I'm jealous haha!
  • My di/di girls started to look more and more alike as they got older too. We were pretty sure they were ID since both of them ended up with blond hair (which is even lighter now), blue eyes, and light skin and my DH is Hispanic (DD1 has dark

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJocelynB0911:
    imageBananaPa
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"