Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Stomach bug - food/nursing/pedialyte?

Any suggestions what to give when in the midst of a stomach bug? J has her first. She was sick last night around 11:30 pm. She woke up "fine" this morning - I nursed her, and she was sick again right away. Too soon, I guess!

So, I've only given her pedialyte since then, but am wondering how long I should wait before trying solids or breastmilk again?

Ugh. This all around stinks, especially knowing it's only a matter of time before the bug gets me!!

Re: Stomach bug - food/nursing/pedialyte?

• I would try nursing again over the pedialyte- and see how she does, it was probably just a coincidence or inevitable that she was sick after the BM. BM is easier to digest, and full of antibodies and immunoglobulins to help her get over it faster.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • imageWinomama:
    I would try nursing again over the pedialyte- and see how she does, it was probably just a coincidence or inevitable
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Keep nursing just be sure you don't give too much at once. Overloading the stomach can cause them to vomit. We got stuck in this cycle because DD wanted to comfort nurse a lot at night because she felt bad, but she would just throw it up if it was too muc
  • From experience my pedi has a different recommendation based upon their age. It never hurts to give them a call and see what they want you to do. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"