August 2011 Moms
Options

rewarding yourself

If you struggle with making healthy choices, how do you reward yourself for making good choices?

I've been struggling with my decision to give up soda ever since DH came home because he drinks so much soda, and I now have a bunch of soda in the fridge. I see it and smell it on a regular basis, and the only thing that has kept me from drinking any is that it's all diet. (Bleh.)

So I rewarded myself today for my "good choice to avoid soda" with fast food lunch.

And then I realized that fast food probably wasn't the best reward for this particular struggle. My logic for it was that I ordered sweet tea, and sweet tea is healthier than soda...right?

Any ideas on better ways to motivate myself to keep avoiding soda? Preferably free (so shopping or a trip to the salon would be out) and non-food related.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: rewarding yourself

• Options
    Well, it's not free. And it is food related. But what if you did allow yourself some soda. Like you can have one can on Friday night type of thing?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    When I was really into fitness and eating healthy::::years ago:::: I used to give myself free days. Every Sunday was my "eat" days. It gave me something to look forward too and relieved any sort of pressure I put on myself.

Maybe you can giv
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't believe in eliminating something entirely. It's just unrealistic sometimes.
  • Options

imageshanado:
    I don't believe in eliminating something entirely. It's just unrealistic sometimes.

I have t

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagemelissa0726:

imageshanad

• Options
    imagecrazy4mas9:
    What if you drank carbonated water and added cranberry juice, grenadine, lemons and limes?

<b
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think you need to kick it all together.

Go online and find some super nasty soda facts. Like: soda has as many grams of sugar as a candy bar. When you see a can of pop tell yourself how it's going to ruin the enamel on your teeth. Tell you
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with shanado. A cheat day is a great idea. Unless you really want to eliminate it for good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imageDuffgurl:
    I agree with shanado. A cheat day is a great idea. Unless you really want to eliminate it for good.

• Options

i dont really drink soda anymore and i am trying to stop eating candy too. i try to mentally remind myself how those things make me feel whenever i have a craving for them.  i'm lactose intolerant and so even a little candy is like the death of me

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also did 'free' days during my fitness/weight prime. Fridays I would allow myself to eat and/or drink anything I wanted without regret. This worked great for me and conquered all of the cravings I was having throughout the week. Now if only I could get
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"