VBAC
Options

My local hospital is not banning VBACs anymore!

Great news for me and ladies in my area!  My DH and I are planning to get pregnant again next year.  I know I want a VBAC, however my local hospital had a ban on them and I was already setting up consults and looking around for a new provider about 30 minutes away, out of state. 

Found out yesterday that the ban has been lifted!!  Some doctors are now going to be doing VBACs at my local hospital! :) The main doctor fighting for VBACs is in the office I already go to too! :)  Already met her...she is great! 

I am beyond excited that I may not have to leave home now or switch practices!  Also glad that I won't be fighting my insurance to go out of state now either...all great things. 

My only worry is to find out more about the details since they are newly lifting a ban.  The place I planned on going to in another state lets you go all the way to 42 weeks...they don't treat you like a ticking time bomb and I also got the recommendation from their local ICAN provider.  We don't even have an ICAN group here.  Guess I'll just have to ask the right questions and if I don't like what I hear...still go out of state, but boy I really hope this works out!

Anybody else have a VBAC at a hospital with a recent ban lift?

PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

Re: My local hospital is not banning VBACs anymore!

• Options
    I had a VBAC at a hospital with a ban. The only things they required were continuous monitoring and a hep lock. The law in my state is that a hospital can't turn away a laboring woman, so any bans that are out there are pretty much illegal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagepianist1989:
    I had a VBAC at a hospital with a ban. The only things they required were continuous monitoring and a hep lock. The la

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageArdmhs83:
    imagepianist1989:</st

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    imagejesselayne8:
    imageArdmhs83:</st

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"