Multiples

Newborn Pictures - WWYD

We were planning to have newborn pictures of the twins taken and assumed they'd be born at full term.  Since they were really early and are in the NICU, I'm not sure what to do.  I don't know if the NICU would allow a professional photographer to come in and take pictures, so I'd have to ask, but I also don't know if we should just wait until they come home. 

We are taking pictures and videos so we will have those, professional pictures obviously look nicer than what I could take.  So WWYD??

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Newborn Pictures - WWYD

• My boys were late term preemies and did not do NICU time, but we waited until their gestational age was 39 weeks. That was 3 weeks, actual age. Because of their IUGR, they were so small and fragile. I wasn't really comfortable with anyone else touching th
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• cadencaden member
    My friends with micro preemie twins did 2 photo shoots, 1 in the NICU and 1 after they were home. The NICU one was done by a friend though so it wasn't super professional but better than their own pics and still free. They waited for the NICU session unti
  • Loading the player...
  • You will probably have to do some kind of ad hoc NICU shots.  Unfortunately the cute, curled up photos are only good for a few days after birth.  No matter what - just document them.  You'll be glad you did.  You can still get some

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • i would definitely ask what they can do. it seems like most will allow photographs but not video. i'd want pictures, so i hope you can get some done!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • It wouldn't hurt to ask!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Check out www.preemieprints.org. They offer free photography services to babies in the NICU. We had them photograph our babies in the NICU and then had someone photograph them when they all got home. They were a great organization to work with!
    image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We're having newborn photos taken by the photographer who did my maternity ones. I asked her what we should do if they came several weeks early and had a NICU stay, and she said we would wait until they're home, so closer to their actual EDD.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageE&RMommy:

Unfortunately the cute, curled up photos are only good for a few days after birth.   

</BL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My husband just took pictures in the NICU and then we had the actual pictures taken after they were both released. They will still act like newborns when they are released because that is what they are.  Also, I am assuming with them being so early t
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • We waited for the pro pics after they came home from the NICU. They were 3.5 weeks and still just slept and contorted in whatever way she wanted them to.
    Me: 28, DH: 29
    DX: DOR & major hormone imbalances; DH low motility
    4 Clomid cycles + Trigger = BFN
    2 Femara cycles + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    IVF 7R,5F; ET cancelled - high P4; Froze 3
    FET transferred 2 beautiful embies!
    Beta #1 - 2,353! Beta #2 - 5,000! It's TWINS!
    Hayden River & Connor Jackson born at 34 weeks on October 19, 2012!
  • I would take my own in the NiCU and get a professional for home. My hospital sent a photographer around who did an awesome job. Then I waited a few months because in the beginning they need to fill out.
  • If I was in your shoes, I would do both. They are both monumental events in your life. Celebrate their birth and celebrate them coming home.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageOurfamilyof5:
    imageE&amp;RM
  • imagelynn0926:
    If I was in your shoes, I would do both. They are both monumental events in your life. Celebrate their birth and cel
    3/10 IVF #1 TWINS! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"