C-sections
Options

Cleaning the incision

After my first c-section I developed a yeast infection on my incision. I would really like to avoid that again. I just had another c-section last week. I asked my Dr. what I needed to do to keep it clean. He told me to ask the nurse for the sterile covering that they tape over the incision at the hospital and change it daily. He also said to let soap and water run over the incision in the shower, but I have a flap of skin hanging over the incision and it isn't staying dry during the day. Any advice?

Re: Cleaning the incision

• Options

First of all congrats! With my first C- sec I hard time keeping it dry too. My doc told me to use a blow dryer on low/low heat to get completely dry after showering then place a sterile gauze over it. I would change the gauze a a few times throughout t

• Options
    I'm not sure if this would help and I've never actually tried it myself but plan to this time around.. I've heard lots of people say they actually put a maxi-pad horizontally on their underwear to cover the incision and help keep it dry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The maxi pad trick was told to me after my first section by one of my nurses and I used it again after this last one. I haven't had any problems. Just buy the plain, thin panty liner type pads without scent or anything. Make sure your hands are clean, fol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maxi pad and pat it dry then blow dry multiple times a day.  And if you want, after it's pretty healed up--use a little of your baby's diaper cream on it.  It is a barrier that keeps moisture away.  It works for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did nothing special.  They took the gauze off my incision the day after my c-section and just left the little steri strips to hold it together.  I didn't do anything to cover it/keep it dry after that, and it was nice and sealed/healed within
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"