Babies: 0 - 3 Months

?Swaddle to sleep sack?

When are you suppose to switch from a swaddle to a sleep sack? I've been swaddling LO only at night since he was born but last night he was super fussy.  Usually he eats, I burp him and change his diaper, swaddle him and lay him down and he falls asleep fine. But last night by the time I would get back to my room he would be screaming! I would go back in pick him up and he would stop! I even tried giving him more to eat and he didn't want it.  I laid him on his changing table unswaddle and he passed out! I tried putting him back in his bed then and he would hit himself with hands and wake himself up, so I swaddled him again..and Repeat! He did eventually tire himself out, but I really hope this doesn't turn into an every night occurrence!  Could it just have been a fussy night or do you think he doesn't like the swaddle anymore? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ?Swaddle to sleep sack?

• Stop once your LO can turn over. We swaddled dd1 for almost 6 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I must have an odd kid because I never swaddled him after he left the hospital.  He hits himself and wakes himself up but falls right back to sleep.  I put a light blanket at the end of his feet but he doesn't even want that.
  • Loading the player...
  • We stopped with DS 1 at 7 weeks. We had a night like you described where nothing worked and then I unswaddled him and he passed out. It was like he just decided he didn't want to be swaddled anymore. We switched to sleep sacks and used those until he outg

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Our ped said to stop swaddling at 3 months. 
  • We swaddled DD forever, and she refused to roll over until 6 or 7 months. This little guy hates having his arms in, so we use the sleep sacks and wrap him with his arms out. We don't really have any issues with the startle reflex, more with him kicking

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We've been using the sleep sack since LO has been about 1 week old. Sometimes we swaddle him (but leave his arms out- he hates his arms swaddled). LO Loves the sleep sack. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"