Health & Exercise

Calorie suggestions

Hello, I'm 25 years old and 14 weeks 4 days :) I'm a CrossFitter continued in pregnancy moving to a "BabyFit"/CF program today.. 

Anyway, prior to pregnancy I was only in taking approx 1700 calories per day. At that calorie count I was maintaining weight. I eat fairly healthy, we do MyFitFoods to help us eat well with our busy schedules! We are continuing this in pregnancy!

Ive been having a lot of trouble being lightheaded. It's so annoying! That whole blackout feeling and when it's very bad it makes me nauseated! I'm n my feet all day etc so the problems all compound each other. It's been suggested that I drink more water and Gatorade and I've been working hard to increase this, however it was also suggested that I'm not eating enough. I haven't been overly hungry until this week. But being health conscious and not wanting to over eat and gain excessive unhealthy weight in this pregnancy I'm not sure how many calories to add to my daily amount. I also work out so on most days my average is maybe 1600 after a workout. Some days are more if we go out etc but that's not often. I want to increase my calorie count in a healthy way so I'm going to increase through adding ore fruits as snacks and maybe an extra bowl of cereal a day? I'm just not ure how much is enough without bring too much or too little.

I was around 140lbs when I got pregnant, and fit/muscular from CF, at 5'3". I'm about 143lbs now o I have gained a little - but honestly that's all in my boobs! :D they went from an A to a B!! Woo!!  

Re: Calorie suggestions

• I crossfit and have been eating Paleo throughout pregnancy, 30 weeks, as that was what I did for two years prior to getting pregnany. I wouldn't change what you are eating now, maybe just eat when you are hungry and eat until you are full. I'm not sure
  • Very helpful thank you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I believe the experts say you should up your calories 300 - 500 calories a day to accommodate your growing baby.

That being said, I agree with PP. Eat until you are full. Keep eating healthy, and you will be fine. It is unsafe on every

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"