Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Follow-up ? about time-outs

I just read the previous post about an appropriate age for time-outs. I am now curious what behaviors warrant a time-out in your house.  We are currently using redirection as a means of behavior modification - but I know its only a matter of time before we have to step it up a notch.  :) 

Re: Follow-up ? about time-outs

• I'm not a big fan of time outs, in general. I don't think they are a teaching tool. I prefer natural consequences and logical consequences. It just doesn't make sense to me that if you throw food from the table, hit your guests, grab a toy forcefully f

IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTiffanyBerry:

I'm not a big fan of time outs, in general. I don't think they are a teaching tool. I prefer natural consequence

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • At school they will be separated and placed in time out for hitting/biting/hair pulling. I follow that at home. 
  • We mostly use timeout when we want to REALLY reinforce something...usually when DS does something particularly dangerous (for example, pulling the cord out of the wall while I'm vacuuming).  Other than that, he might go to timeout if we've repeate

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"