Trying to Get Pregnant

Hello and a Q

Hi all...I'm new around these parts. Just got my Mirena out at the end of February to start TTC #2 and I'm going to start charting when my next cycle starts. I'm mostly a lurker type but I'll probably post here and there on the check in posts and such.

So....my question. Does anyone know a brand or model of bbt thermometer that has a backlight display? (I'm in the market for a new one...I just dug my old one out from 3 years ago and I think the battery may be dying on it. My biggest gripe about that one is that I can't freakin read the numbers in the morning without getting out of bed and turning on the light, OR straining with the light of my phone.)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014

Re: Hello and a Q

• Welcome! I can't offer much help...I use my phone

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Welcome! Another phone user...my screen must be brighter because I don't have to strain at all with the light of it. Wish I knew of a backlit one, sorry!
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry no help here, also a phone user. Welcome!

• Hmmm looking like a theme here! Maybe I need to get my eyes checked. Smile

Actually I wonder if I could turn up the lighting on my phone...I'll try that too.

• Nexcare has a backlit screen. Even though it is listed as a BBT thermometer, it only tests out to one decimal point, which didn't make sense to me.

<a href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006F5BCLA/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BabyFruit Ticker
    Expecting our first, baby BOY, 12/12/13
  • Same as pp. I also have to use my phone for lighting. I don't remember it being bothersome the first time around, but it has been aggravating this time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks for the responses. I think all the beeping on the Nexcare one would drive me nuts at 5:30am so I'll probably just try to adjust my phone to give better light or something. Plus, like some of you mentioned, I can just recall the stored temp once I a
  • I use the Mabis brand and I got it at Wal Mart. It stores your last temp and has a very quiet beep (at least it doesn't wake up my DH who is a very light sleeper.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome, good luck TFAS! Like PPs, I also use my phone to read the BBT.
    Dating: Jul.2003 | Married: Jul.2006
    BFP: Dec.2007 | DD: Aug.2008
    TTC #2: Dec.2011 | Done?: Aug.2013
  • Mine (Walgreens) keeps the last temp (most do). After I'm done temping I just put the thermometer away. When I finally wake up and go to the bathroom, I turn the therm on and my last temp pops up.

• Mine has a light, vix brand
  • imagekimmyberly26:
    Welcome! I can't offer much help...I use my phone

You put your phone in your mouth? O
  • imagenicole mackenzie:
    imagek
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board