Working Moms

Stupid Guilt

I am off today.

I chose to work part of the day so I can pick DS and DDs up early next Friday and a couple of other days to do fun things.

When I dropped DS at DC he was the only one there between his room and the next room up.  His class is usually him and two other babies, the next class usually has four. 

I feel guilty - that the staff have to be there because DS is there (though they get paid and that might be good for them) and that I am going to have a lunch date with DH before picking up DS.  Then again, I don't feel guilty...he is getting 1:1 time with his teacher, who he adores, and will get my undivided attention after he gets up from his nap.  I am knocking out things at work left and right and will be able to trade that time for more time with the children later.

I just hate that I feel complicated about this - anyone else??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stupid Guilt

• That happens to us as well. On minor holidays my kiddos are the only babies in the newborn room.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Who's not working today?  I didn't think the Friday before Easter was standard.

Anyways, I wouldn't feel guilty.  He's getting extra attention and you are getting some time with DH, it's win-win!

• Loading the player...
  • They'll probably combine rooms and let whoever wants to go home leave. Enjoy your day!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Why feel guilty?  I think the staff sometimes wants to work because otherwise they don't get paid.  I bet having just one baby is a nice easy day for them!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageazuremama:
    Why feel guilty?  I think the staff sometimes wants to work because otherwise they don't get paid.  I bet
  • I'm at work today! And everyone I know is too. All of our kids are with their DCP's!

Don't feel guilty - it sounds like you make a great choice with your schedule and you need to make time for just you and DH to hang out. Enjoy your day! </p

DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"