September 2011 Moms

NBR/AW: I'm going to buy a state park today!

Days like this, I really love my job and I'm really proud of what I do.  So I'm going to AW for a second.  I'm going to a closing this morning wherein the state (my agency) is purchasing an 85 acre parcel of coastal land to turn into a state park.  In a state this small, opportunities like this just don't happen anymore, so it's an amazing opportunity to preserve the space.  It's a former amusement park that was there for over 100 years, and is a big part of the memories of a lot of Rhode Islanders.  For a time after the park closed in the mid-90s closed it looked like it was going to be privately purchased and developed into a high-end condo/retail complex, but that fell through and the land has been sitting vacant and in receivership for years and years.  I'm so excited to be a part of this!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR/AW: I'm going to buy a state park today!

• Look at you go! What a great example you are for me and of course T!

When I pictured a vacant amusement park I thought of the movie BIG! Maybe you can find a fortune teller machine? Wait you said former not vacant! Still I thought of the mov
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • i thought you meant personally at first lol

good for you! that must feel amazing! is that amount of acerage like half of the state of RI? jk lol

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That's awesome! I love that you get to be a part of that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's awesome. RI needs for parks.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How cool! What an important job you have!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks guys!  It was really cool.  I didn't do a whole lot of work on the acquisition, but I did cover a big court date and work on a few small parts of it, so I was really glad that I got to be there for the closing.  It's neat because

• imagecmoosey:
    Thats pretty cool.  What part of RI is it in?  If its on the coast/CT side, maybe I'll have to  visit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"