Multiples
Options

XP: Update on DS

Unfortunately, the doctors aren't able to figure out where his infection is, but they know he has one based on his stats and the way he looks. They're still growing the blood culture, so it could show up there, but since it hasn't yet, they don't anticipate it will. His spinal fluid is clear, urine is clear and xray's are clear. He's on two antibiotics and it is helping.

He looks a lot better than he did yesterday, but he still looks helpless and sick. He's back on the ventilator, back on nutrients and off of breast milk. He will also likely have a blood transfusion later this week. His red blood cell count is low. They're hoping it will increase, but aren't very optimistic that it will. Obviously, we don't prefer that he have a blood transfusion, but if it helps him heal faster, it's a no brainer.

I had a really hard time at the hospital today because he looks so weak and I just feel bad for him. As a parent, you're supposed to be able to take care of your kids and make them feel better and I feel like I can't do that now. The good news is the doctors and nurses are on top of everything and taking great care of him. Also, his sister is gaining weight and finally exceeded her birth weight, she's 1 lb 14 oz!

Continued TPJ for Silas are appreciated.

Silas with his pacifier

Quinn after her bath

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: XP: Update on DS

• Options
    Ts&Ps heading Silas' way. Hang in there, Mama, you're doing a great job.
    BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Thinking about you all! Prayers sent your way. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sending lots of prayers for little Silas. They are so tiny and adorable. Those pacifiers bring back memories! My little guy Owen had something similar happen. He turned out to be anemic. They both ended up needing a couple blood transfusions which is
  • Options

Ts&Ps!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Keeping you guys in my prayers; I hope Silas is better soon! Your LOs are so adorable!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! I pray they get better and for your strength. You are a strong mom!
  • Options
    Your LOs are beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Thoughts and prayers are headed your way. I love the names you gave them!
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hope they figure it out soon T&P and awkward internet hugs!
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options
    They are beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Prayers for all of you. You're doing great mama!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    T&P! 
    photo image-3.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They have the sweetest little eyes. Continued thoughts and prayers for all of you!
    Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love the photos! Thoughts and prayers for Silas and for Quinn continuing on her merry little way :) Hang in there, you're doing a great job :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thinking of you guys!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Absolutely TPJ for your family! You've got a couple of beautiful little fighters there!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    sending prayers for a quick healing for your little guy!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Praying for Silas and for all of you.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sending T&P right now!  I can't imagine how hard it must be. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lots of positive thoughts headed to your kiddos!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Silas and Quinn are such beautiful babies! Thank you for sharing.

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

• Options
    Every single T&P your way. Hugs, mama.
  • Options
    I am so sorry hon. Sending tons of thoughts and prayers to you and Silas! I hope he fights off this infection soon. Also sending you tons of (((((hugs))))).
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    Thinking of you and lots of prayers for little Silas. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cadencaden member
    T&Ps for you and your sweet babies.
  • Options
    Many T&Ps are being sent your family's way! Hugs!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    T&P's for you and your babies!!!! Hugs!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    What beautiful children you have. Thoughts and prayers going out to little Silas and Quinn. You're doing such a great job! 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Lots of thoughts and prayers!

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"